Wednesday, February 24, 2010

A Tale of Two Bags Part Deux













Sooooooooooooooooo in love with my curved log cabin blocks from the February Country Piecemaker's class with Augusta Cole!!!!!!!!!!! While contrast made for the most effective curves, with most members using scrappy or planned mediums and darks and then a white, off white contrasting, that didn't make me hesitate a bit in using my beloved darks Batiks and a lovely, tranquil Caribbean blue green - OMG, OMG, Oh My Gosh, it is BEYOND lovely!!!!!!!!!!! So Augusta advised us to create the first block, to assure exactness and then I just totally rocked out string piecing, never even counting the number of blocks till I completed the string the next Thursday..... Well, I ended up with 15 simply gorgeous blocks and I decided these treasures would be best profiled as a tote!!!!!! So a pleasing 3 over 4 pattern on one side and the remaining three blocks for the reverse, with log cabin like strips surrounding them. Then attaching the two panels together, laying atop a pieced segment of batting and decorative stitching at Scrapper's on Saturday to complete the outside. Lining and assorted interior pockets from Debbie's stash reduction sale, a trip to the hardware store for oversized plastic tubing which I filled with crushed shell, a not so easy assembly process, box pleated bottom, pinch pleated opening, gathered ruffle and specialty ribbon handle accent and VOILA' - a tote bag extraordinaire!!!!!!!!!!!!!! It is SUCH a keeper, WOO-HOO, picture perfect, LOVE IT when it works, actually, I just love it anyway................ (not the best pictures as it's raining and I had planned on taking the pics outside, guess you'll just have to bask in it's glory in person, too funny!!!!!)

1 comment:

  1. OH THE BAG IS ABSOLUTELY GORGEOUS.....LOVE IT....beautiful!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete