Tuesday, June 23, 2009

Rollercoaster/Tilt-a-Whirl, whata' ride.............





Okay, so I've got some good news and some bad news, what am I sayin'?????? It's been such a carnival kind of day, jam packed with loopy rides that I'm still trying to keep down my popcorn and cotton candy..................

The big news is that I am now the proud owner of one humongo walking cast, the bigger news is that if I hadn't almost died from the fall and having them notice I stopped breathing during recovery, I would never have had the sleep study on Sunday, realizing my demise could have been eminent had precautions not been taken for my gigando sleep apnea issues........................ The last two days we have gotten these frantic messages from the sleep study group that the Dr. needs to see me ASAP and today when I called, I asked if that was what they tell all their patients and she said no, where are you and how soon can you get here???????

That's right folks, for the 139 minutes I slept, okay, that's not right, slept is far from accurate, as I experienced 298 interuptions, no, I didn't stutter, you do the math. Virtually every 30 seconds, I stopped breathing with each and every episode having the potential of ending my life, and string them ALL together and we have SUCH a party!!!!!!!!!!!! The neurologist said it was one of the worst cases of sleep apnea he had ever seen. Now I better understand that the Fibromyalgia never stood a chance, what was a life sucking/altering/debilitating malody against a mere hallow shell of a person????? Can't sleep, can't function, stuff starts shutting down, you can never, ever lose weight, no REM, no nuttin'......................

So now it's just me and John and Sydney and my CPAP machine in the bed at night and I'm imagining just as soon as John has his testing done that we'll be a TWO CPAP household, oh joy, oh rapture............. But then, that's why I keep buyin' my big ol' roll o' tickets on this loop-de-loop ride o' life, I may have THE best new and improved rest and life than I've ever had, wanna' come along???????? I certainly promise the journey won't be boring............... See what a ride today has been???????????? Never dull, nope, never dull...............

1 comment:

  1. I am so happy to hear that you got a walking boot! WOOO HOOO. I am doing the happy dance! I am also SOOOOOOOO happy that you went to have that sleep study done. I imagine that being able to sleep and breathe WILL MAKE A HUGE DIFFERENCE in your life! YEAH CATHERINE! Hugs!!! sao

    ReplyDelete